Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shabby Chic First Communion/8th Birthday - Sweets Table

The last of the features from Grace's 1st Communion / 8th Birthday Party is our sweets table.  This table was so fun to put together and was done on a budget, using things I've owned and making most of the treats myself.  I just want to add an editorial here...  I know that labeling food items is yesterday's trend.  However, in our family, (including me) we have several Celiacs.  For us, labeling food items is not whether it is on trend, but necessary to avoid food issues.  Hence, my table has labels :)  (And I think they are pretty cute anyway!)

All printables are from Carli at Dimple Prints.  I love, love, love them!




For a DIY tutorial on the backdrop, see here.



I found these pink trays at the Target Dollar Spot.  I used my Silhouette to create the quatrefoil design out of vinyl and then applied it to the front of the trays.  I attached a lace flower to the label.



Kim from Sweeties by Kim graciously made gluten free chocolate covered Oreos for us!  They were wonderful!


The cake pop containers were Easter decorations I found at Kohl's on clearance :)  I simply covered up the bunny on top with a lace flower and covered the bunny on the face of the container with a label.  They fit the cake pops perfectly!







This is my attempt at a cake...  Needless to say the professionals do a much better job!  Grace decided she wanted a Dairy Queen cake.  Seeing as how I couldn't plop a ice cream cake in the middle of a sweets table and that some of our family does not like ice cream cake, I made a chocolate cake.  It tasted better than it looked :)







Happy First Communion Grace!  It was a beautiful day!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the baby's breath on the table. Makes it look s soft and sweet. And, I don't think that food labels will ever go out of style. It is just a good idea for your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make those scotcheroo pops, so pretty!!! the doily decor is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute party!! And your cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That table cloth is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is very beautiful and elegant. My daughter is receiving her first holy communion next May, so I am getting ideas. What did u use for table centerpieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used the mason jars with baby's breath for center pieces.

      Delete
  7. This is just perfection! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete