Friday, April 20, 2012

First Communion Fireplace Banners

Slowly but surely it is starting to look like a First Communion / 8th Birthday Celebration around here :)  Can I say again without sounding nauseating how much I love the printables from Carli from Dimple Prints!  They are just perfect.  Here is how I used them for a burlap banner and doily banner to decorate the fireplace.  You'll have to excuse my "expert" photography skills!




 




To make the doily banner, I simply punched out the letters with my 2" scallop punch.  I then glued the letters to the center of the doily, threaded through some baker's twine and simple as that, I had a banner!

To make the burlap banner, I had a left over piece of burlap from a feed sack I used for a home decor project.  I cut it to size, hot glued the paper banner to it, added some festooning with hot glue and then glued a pocket for a wooden dowel I had.  Again, so easy!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I just had to tell you how beautiful your decorations were!! I just used your idea to make a doily banner for my daughter's 1st Communion this weekend. Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, are those store bought or handmade doilies?

    ReplyDelete