Sunday, October 6, 2013

{Real Party} All Wisconsin Boy Sports Party - Football and Baseball Decor and More

The last post from Ethan's party.  I'm exhausted just looking back at these pictures!  Just a few more to post!
 
For the tables, I wanted to incorporate the three teams and two sports.  At first I thought I'd make the tables look like fields.  Then I thought I'd do black and white striped to look like referees.  But I wasn't in love with any of those ideas.  I had ordered wrapping paper for the background of the press conference area and when it arrived, it hit me - my table coverings. 
 
I had never used wrapping paper to cover tables before.  I was concerned it would not hold up well.  However, this was really high quality wrapping paper and it worked great!  I would definitely use wrapping paper again!
 
 
I made three centerpieces for each team.  I found the megaphones from the dollar store.  I used the team spirit printables collection from Amanda Parker at Amanda's Parties to Go for the megaphones as well as the pennants and signs.  I found pom poms from Shindigz.  The turned out pretty cute - and the price was right!
 
 


If you live in Wisconsin, you are likely familiar with the Badger, Brewer and Packer mash up logo.  I don't know where it originated from, but it's been around for a few years.  I remember it coming into being the year that the Brewers made the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime and the Packers and Badgers were pretty hot and had a game that same weekend.  It's stuck around and is pretty well recognized.  I had wanted to get a big logo for the party, but couldn't find one.  So I made a few myself using my overhead projector and a transparency I printed the logo on.  The kids helped me paint the logos.  My husband is now proudly displaying them in his garage!






Finally, I used a number of items already owned by my sports fanatic.  The baseball diamond came from Ethan's baseball guys.  I used the football field he has from his football guys to cover the table for the drinks.  Easy and cheap!

 
The best part of this party was all the thought and ideas put together by Ethan.  It was so fun to see his imagination at work.  Several times he would tell me what a good job I was doing on his party.  That's priceless as a mom.  Thanks for visiting out blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment