Thursday, May 9, 2013

{Real Party} Camp Arts and Crafts - More!

One last post from Grace's Camp Arts and Crafts party.  I get tired just looking at all of the pictures :) 
 
First up is our food table.  I REALLY wanted a beautiful rainbow ruffled table cloth for the party.  Unfortunately, the $$$ price tag $$$ was not compatible with what I wanted to spend.  So I improvised and made my own rainbow table cloth and skirt. 
 
I used one plastic table cloth of each color.  I first cut the table cloth to cover the table.  I then took the leftover plastic and bunched it, adhering it to the front of the table.  This table is actually my husband's work bench, so I used push pins to gather the plastic and give it the full look.  After I had all of the table covered and the front skirted, I took rainbow festooning and placed it over the push pins.  Not as pretty as the $80 ruffle rainbow table cloth, but for $12, it will do.
 
I made the large Kraft paper pinwheel behind the table to keep with our camp style decorations.  The rainbow pinwheels were purchased from the party store.
 

For our camp style serving wear, I took pie plates from the Dollar Store and lined them with natural deli style paper.  They actually worked out very well for sturdy plates.


We served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on rainbow bread :)

 
 

The party favors were fun, inexpensive and them appropriate.  I found the caddies in the Target $1 aisle almost a year prior.  I saved them that long!!!  To personalize them, I used my Silhouette machine and cut out each girl's name.  I found the adorable "Camp Like a Girl" badges on eBay and glued them to the caddy.  Inside the caddy was markers, colored pencils, and crayons that I purchased at back to school time.  The prices can't be beat at that time of the year!  I also found paint can puzzles that I added to the caddies.  The caddies were great for the girls to place all of their arts and crafts in as they headed home.


 
 
 
No party is complete without a photo backdrop.  I REALLY was trying to be cost conscious for this party.  In the past I have purchased fabric for the backdrop. This year, I tried wrapping paper that I found at Target.  The wind was not the friendliest to the paper, but overall it worked - and was a lot cheaper!
 
I borrowed the trees from my Aunt and used zip ties form the Dollar Store to make a garland to decorate the two of the trees with.  The other tree was adorned with a flower garland I found at Target on clearance after Easter.  I used small paper fans to top the trees.
 
The pennant is a printable from Dimple Prints.
 


 

If you've ever purchased a printable package from Dimple Prints, you know how much you get!  There are so many great printables.  This package was no different.  I wanted to be able to use all the clever signs in the package.  I decided to glue the signs to a chevron burlap ribbon and hang them from the ceiling.  They turned out cute!




If hosting 12 nine year old girls was not crazy enough, we hosted Grace's family after her girlfriends had left.  One party in the morning, the next in the afternoon!  I know it's crazy, but it really works - one set up, one take down and getting it over in one day is great.  So in addition to the favors for Grace's friends, I had favors for her cousins.  I packaged the favors in brown lunch bags and used chevron washi tape to adhere the printable.  Super cute!

 
 




And last but not least, my inexpensive table coverings and activities.  I wanted to extend the arts and crafts theme to the tables.  I covered the tables in Kraft paper from the Dollar Store and placed pencils, markers and crayons on each table.  I also placed rainbow colored candy on each table to keep the sugar high going :)  The girls had a blast coloring on the tables.





 

 
 
Thanks for looking!  And Happy Birthday Grace!!!
 
 
If anyone would like more information, I'm glad to help you out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment