Sunday, May 22, 2011

Buckets of Cherry Inspiration!


My absolute favorite place in the world happens to be (sort of) in my own back yard - Door County, Wisconsin.  My parents started taking my sisters and I there when we were young kids.  In those days, we ruffed it - actually camping, with no electricity (although we had running water and flush toilets and showers, but those were a hike from the campsite.)  (More to come later this week on Door County.)

Door County is known for many things - its beautiful beaches, picturesque lighthouses, fish boils (yuck!) and great shopping.  But most of all, it is known for its cherry orchards.  Last Mother's Day, Chris treated me and the kids with a day trip there.  Spring time in Door County is just beautiful!  The cherry trees are quite a sight.  This year, we had to delay our trip due to sick kids and the unseasonably cold (even for Wisconsin) spring temps.  The cherry trees finally started to bloom this week. 

So North we headed today.  I made us stop (literally on the side of the road) to trespass into some orchard to get these pictures.  Chris never even complained!  I love the picture of the kids!

 
So in honor of those beautiful trees (and yummy treats later to come this summer,) I wanted to do a post of some great cherry party inspiration.

I saw this party from Green Apple Paperie a while back on Save the Date for Cupcakes and LOVED it!  Honestly, I LOVE everything about this party - the gingham, the vintage look, the picnic baskets.  I am just loving light blue or turquoise and red right now. 


Loving the retro look instead of the vintage feel?  Check out Lindi's take on a cherry party at Love The Day.  Lovin' this too!!!  This would be a perfect party to hold at Wilson's in Door County.  (More on Wilson's later this week!)



Looking to make your own cherry blossoms?  Christine from Pure Joy Events put together gorgeous faux blossoms that will keep their blooms year-to-year!


Today was a great kick off to an early summer of fun, family and memories.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including my Retro Cherry party! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete