Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Prom Prep...

A few weeks ago, I posted about my dilemma of what to do with these cute whirly pops that I have for the sweets table for Grace's Prom Party.


After seeing this adorable cupcake stand from J. At Your Service, the wheels started turning...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is what I came up with:

 

I found the pre-made hat box at Hobby Lobby, added a layer of Styrofoam to the inside and then hot glued a feather boa to cover the Styrofoam.  I then added the contrasting pink ribbon to the rim and then hot glued the bow on the front.  I LOVE it!  I'm thinking I want to make another one now for the adorable cookies I have coming....  This happened to be the last one at my Hobby Lobby so hopefully they will get another one in.



And just when I thought I had adopted Jeannette's cute cupcake stand and come up with my own clever idea, I saw this picture of an adorable Dr. Seuss inspired party on Hostess with the Mostess

Dr. Suess Birthday Party Ideas

At least I can say I have good taste :) 

Stay tuned for a sneak peak of my disco ball topiaries.  Another great idea that I thought was original and then low and behold, on TomKat Studio, a similar interpretation...


Our prom fashion show won't come with it's own beauty queen though...:)
Enjoy the weekend.


1 comment: