Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Buckets of Easter Buckets

This weekend we are hosting some family and friends for a small Egg Hunt and brunch at our house.  The snow has melted (yay!) and the grass is slowly starting to turn green.  We may have to rain our rain boots and jackets, but there shouldn't be any ice pellets raining down on us while we hunt for eggs!  One Easter we literally hunted for eggs in the snow.  When I see all the cute pictures of girls in their pretty Easter dresses and boys in their cute seersucker shorts hunting for eggs, I realize that will never happen here - even if Easter is at the end of April.

When I saw this adorable printable set featured on Pizzazerie by Green Beansie Cards, I knew that was the perfect inspiration for the Egg Hunt and brunch.  I absolutely love the color combinations.

PIZZAZZERIE FEATURED  Chocolate Bunny Printable Easter Collection - 50% OFF

The color combination perfectly matches my dining room.  In preparation for Sunday, I put together the banner and hung it between my barn windows and Easter egg wreaths.



 
Instead of filling the eggs with lots of candy, I decided that each child will find one of each color (prevents my daughter from hoarding because I know she'd be "that kid.")  When they have found one egg of each color, they can turn them in for a prize.  Each mom agreed to bring one "prize" for each child - chalk from the dollar aisle, bubbles, etc.  I was racking my brain of what we could put those cute prizes in when I came across these perfectly colored pastel sand buckets at Michael's for $1! 

Using my Silhouette, I cut out a bunny and each of the kids' names and added them to the bucket.  Add a little polka dot ribbon to the buckets and voila! an adorable Easter bucket!





Here's hoping for a Sunny Sunday!

2 comments: