Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ethan's 5th Birthday Party Prep and EXCITING NEWS!

If this blog was considered a child, I would be reported to the authorities for neglect.  Summer has been SO busy for us like most everyone.  It was hard to think about sitting at a computer blogging when the weather here has been amazing (and HOT) this summer.  We've been on the go, go, go trying to pack in as much as we can before the snow starts to fly. 

With all of that going on, I also have some exciting news!  Michelle (one of the nicest ladies in the party planning business) has asked me to be a guest blogger on her amazing blog, Maddycakes Muse.  I am so thrilled!  Michelle was one of the first party planners to help me out when I started this blog.  Look for my debut the second week of September.

In the mean time, I've also been preparing for Ethan's big 5th birthday. I can't believe my little guy is turning 5. I am in denial.  As most soon-to-be 5 year olds, Ethan has quite the opinions about lots of things.  This year he informed me he wanted a super hero and police birthday party.  Daddy is a police officer and like most 5 year old boys, he thinks he is a super hero.  So, I was up to the challenge - as long as I could find some help in printable land to tie it all together.  Enter the fab ladies at Anders Ruff!

I've used lots of Anders Ruff printables for various parties.  What I love about them - they design for the rich and famous and still are so kind and generous to design for real moms like me out there.  They have two amazing printable sets that I thought would be great for Ethan's party - their super hero theme and police theme.

Vintage Super Hero Printable Invitation

Chevron Police Birthday Party Printable Invitation
 
Unfortunately, a girl has to have limits - it would be too hard to use both printable packages.  So, working with Maureen, we came up with this invite:
 
 
To tie both themes together, the party is going to be Ethan's, "When I Grow Up" party.  I will be sharing lots of DIY party details on Maddycakes Muse and also here.  Can't wait!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment