Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Carnival Party Part VII - Carnival DIY Decor

My last post of our carnival extravaganza!  First, I want to say a HUGE thank you to three of my absolute favorite party girls for featuring out party.  A HUGE shout-out to Amy at Blowout Party, Kristy at The Purple Pug and Michelle at Maddycakes Muse for spotlighting the party.  These are some of the NICEST ladies in the biz who keep it real and are a huge inspiration.  So thank you!

And now, on to the show.  The last post from the party features my DIY decor.  I think most of us party gals strive to be like her Highness Martha in some respects.  I'm no different.  If I can do it myself (even if it sometimes means more time and money) I welcome the challenge!  This party was no different.

I made centerpieces for the tables, but do it the wind, I had to stick them on a table that was out of the wind.
Stuck in the centerpieces were printables from the Dimple Prints package, pennants that were Christmas ornaments at Kohl's last Christmas, mustaches, "E" suckers, tickets, clown noses and pinwheels.  I used a container from the dollar aisle at Target I found this summer.

The letters spelling "Ethan" were originally pink from Hobby Lobby that I spray painted red.  Lots, and lots of spray paint was sacrificed for this party :)  Sadly, I dropped them when I was cleaning up for the party and they are no more :(


For the backdrop for the Nacho Bar table, I used paper fans from a 4th of July package from Party City and the paper fans I had left over from our Valentine's Day breakfast.


Using glass vases I already owned, I took tickets and wrapped them around the vases, topped the vases with ribbon and added some roses from our gardens.


For the backdrop for the gift table, I used the banner from the Dimple Prints printable package and added two of my favorite things of the party, the custom carnival poster my dear friend Betsy at Belly Feathers made for the party.  She is another of my favorite party girls :)

Finally, every year I make a poster for the kids, sticking to the party theme featuring one picture from each month of the year to show their interests, quirks and cuteness and how they've changed during the year.  My grand plan is to save the posters and use them at their graduations :)

I'll be honest, this party was a TON of work.  Starting a new job less than 2 weeks prior to the party made things a little more stressful.  But the smile on Ethan's face was so worth every late night getting ready.  I would do it again in a heartbeat!  Thank goodness birthdays only come once a year though!  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment