Thursday, January 27, 2011

Super Bowl Bound!

I have been a deadbeat blogger lately.  It seems I can't keep up with life!  I don't know about you, but I am officially over winter!  The flu bug hit our house and it has overstayed its welcome! 

Fortunately, we had long enough of a reprieve of the bug's visit between Ethan getting it and the unwanted bug moving on to Grace that we were able to venture to Chicago this past weekend.  No, not for the epic Packers/Bears game, but for my sweet cousin's baby's baptism.  It was an event to remember.  My cousin did a fabulous job planning a stylish and glamorous Greek Orthodox baptism.  Those Greek's sure know how to go all out!  Think "My Big Fat Greek Baptism" but with style :)

The Packers' victory was just icing on the cake for our visit!  My husband and Ethan made sure to wear their Packers' jerseys loud and proud while we were there.  And since Midwesterner's generally are not rude, we received no death threats - just collegial jabs.  It was all in good fun.

In honor of the Packers' glorious win and trip to the Super Bowl, this post is dedicated to all things football.  My family is 3rd generation season ticket holders.  For those of you who aren't up on the coveted season ticket issue - the waiting list for Packer season tickets is so long that people put their unborn children on the list only hoping that they will get tickets sometime in their unborn child's lifetime!  Season tickets have come between families, caused divorces, created lawsuits - season ticket holder status is serious business here in Packer land!

So when I saw the Shindig Parties To Go football printables that Amanda created, I had to have them!!!  The Packer printables are both festive and preppy!  I can't wait to use them next weekend for our small family gathering.  I'm sure they will bring us good luck. 


You just can't have cute decor - no Super Bowl party is complete without high calorie content, sugar stuffed yummies!  A co-worker of mine has a little side business making delicious gourmet cupcakes.  Check out Laura at Cupcakes A-Go-Go located in Madison. You can order online and have them custom filled with mousse, whipped cream, Oreo cookies, or cookie dough!  Can you say YUM!!!  (And she makes gluten free cupcakes too!)


How cute are these cookies to coordinate with Amanda's printables?


Even though she is a Steelers' girl, I still love her and her fabulous ideas.  Head on over to Maddycakes Muse to check out Michelle's fun and fabulous ideas for a football party!  I love, love, love this chip and dip bar (probably because I could eat chips for breakfast I love them so much!)


Spaceship and Laserbeams has team-neutral football fun printables for your Super Bowl party.  If you haven't checked them out, they have ADORABLE ideas for boys' parties.

Photobucket

We are very excited in our house to cheer on the Pack for a Super Bowl victory!  May the best and cheesiest team win :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including us in this great round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for the shout-out! Your blog is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete