Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chevron Halloween Sign

We are crafting up a storm here for Halloween!  Love, love, love this season.  Today's post showcases my chevron print framed sign.  This was a super easy craft to do using several pre-made supplies!  Here is the finished product:

 
 
 
No step-by-step pictures again as this was another late night craft.  I'll try to craft during day light hours so I can take good pictures!  So, put your imagination caps again and I'll try to explain the steps without pictures.
 
Here are the supplies you'll need:
  • 5x7 frame (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
  • Chevron fabric (mine is from www.fabric.com)
  • Wooden sign (or letters or anything you want) (mine is from Hobby Lobby, $2.99 with 50% off) 
Step 1 - wrap the cardboard back of the frame with the chevron fabric.  Make sure it is straight!  This took me a few attempts to get it right.  I hot glued the ends to the edges of the cardboard back.


Step 2 - thread the ribbon between the glass and the frame.  Make sure you have enough ribbon to either hang your frame or tie a nice bow.  Once you have it threaded through, insert your chevron fabric wrapped cardboard backing into the frame.

 
 
Step 3 - glue your sign or letters to the outside of the frame.
 
 
Step 4 - hot glue the flowers to the frame.
 
 
Step 5 - tie the ribbon and/or hang the frame.
 

Here is where I placed mine - in my corner ladder shelf in my dining room.  Sorry for the poor quality of pictures.  Another dark, late night!

 


 This was super easy to make!  Thanks for looking!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ok so this is pretty simple and TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Love it!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete