Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Buckets of Super Heroes!

These days, who doesn't need a hero!  And when it comes to finding cute ideas for boys' parties, let's face it - just like a super hero - they are hard to come by.  That's why I am so happy with one of the hottest trends in boys' birthday parties now - Super Hero themes.  This theme is especially close to my heart because my little Ethan invents himself as a new super hero every day.  These days, he's Spider Man.  Some days he's just a plain ol' super hero, running around the house showing his muscles with his dish towel cape!

Lucky for Ethan, he won't have to use that dish towel cape for much longer.  This week, I was the fortunate winner on Anders Ruff's giveaway from Annie at Kid Kapers on Etsy.  Yay Me!!!  And yay Ethan!!!  I never win anything.  I got to choose one of Annie's adorable capes.  It really was a hard choice, but given Ethan's affection for Spider Man right now, I picked the spider cape. 
Custom Embroidered Spider Cape
I know that Spider Man doesn't actually wear a cape, but only adults know that.  I can guarantee Ethan will be thrilled!  And it will serve double duty - I already have his Spider Man costume from Target's after-Halloween sale at 75% off for next year.  I'm sure the cape will keep him warm for trick-or-treating next year.

Any of Annie's capes would make really great party favors for a Super Hero party.  There are also really cute girl options.  And, she does offer a discount for bulk orders so check her out!  Here are a few of my favorites (it was hard to pick!)
Custom Initial Superhero Cape   Custom Embroidered Birthday Cape   Custom Embroidered Rocket Superhero Cape  Embroidered Flower Power Princess Cape

Sticking with Etsy Super Hero items, check out these "build your own super heroes" from the Crafty Clip.  You can choose hair style, hair color, skin color, color scheme and chest emblem.  After designing your own super hero, you then receive a PNG file to use in your own party planning.  How neat would it be to include your super hero child on the invite, cupcake toppers, banners, etc.  The possibilities are endless!
Build Your Own Superhero
And, if you are no graphics wizard like me, you can send the file over to Ciao Bambino and she will create you darling cupcake toppers, thank you tags, banners, door signs, etc. for your little boy's out-of-this world party!  Check out her exclusive designs:
NEW- Superhero Kids Cupcake Toppers- a Ciao Bambino EXCLUSIVE Design

This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't feature my current crush of Super Hero party printables from BirdCrafts.  These are just so cute.  They are available in her Etsy shop.

Superhero Party - Digital Invitation and Printable Custom Party Supplies -  We personalize them for you with NAME and AGE 

Here are some other adorable Super Hero Etsy products:
PRINTABLE FANCY LABELS DIY- Superhero Super Kid
PRINTABLE FANCY LABELS DIY- Superhero Super Kid

How cute are these "POW" signs?  Perfect for photo booth props.
POW signs

The signs would perfectly coordinate with these cupcake wrappers and toppers!
Comic Book Super Hero Cupcake Kit

Adorable banner and printables from Dimple Prints as styled by J At Your Service.

If it wasn't apparent that I'm a party planning nut from some of my other posts, this little indulgence may prove it beyond a doubt.  Ethan just turned 3 in September.  I'm already waist deep into planning a carnival themed party for his 4th birthday.  But, the cuteness of all of these super hero items may just force me to start to plan for his 5th birthday.  Perhaps it's the crazy hour that's making me silly.  It is very late for this Super Mom so I best be getting to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so flattered that you showcased some of my nephews party! Thank you so much! And that cape is, oh lets just say it.... SUPER! :) It really is great that more and more super hero goodies are coming out. Can't wait till I can have a Super Hero party for my son! I'm knew deep in monsters & aliens at the moment. Good luck and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete